Windows can be a forgotten part of the house. For starters, they’re see-through, so they’re very easy to look past. But windows are incredibly important for a variety of reasons. Whether you’re thinking about putting in new windows, repairing a window in your house, or completely replacing one, we at Twin City Glass Company have the experience and knowledge to make sure you’re getting the best windows for your needs.
Benefits of new of replacement windows
Installing or having your windows replaced is a great move for your home. There are tons of reasons you should consider putting in some new windows, or having your existing ones repaired or replaced. Here are some of the top reasons to get some new windows at your home:
- Putting in new windows has been shown to increase your home’s value.
- New windows can give you some added sense of security. Windows that don’t open easily or are even painted shut can be a hazard if you ever need to get out of your home fast in an emergency. New operable wood, fiberglass, or vinyl windows will be easier to operate, and many new windows come with some additional safety features to not only make them easier to get out of but harder to get in from. Some windows have features like security sensors.
- One of the more modern features that windows can have is between-the-glass blinds and shades, which can help protect your home from dust. That will help keep allergens outside of your home, and cut down on the time it takes to clean the dust around your windowsill.
- Newer windows are also more energy-efficient, as they can reduce wear on your furnace and air conditioner. This can also help you save money by improving your home’s energy efficiency. Wood, fiberglass, and vinyl windows are all available in energy-efficient options if you’d like to increase that efficiency even more. This can also reduce cold drafts and hot spots in your home.
- Along with home value, new windows also increase the curb appeal of your home. No matter what your home looks like, we’ll find the perfect windows to match your home’s style and make sure they look great.
- New windows can also cut down on noise pollution to give your home an even more restful environment. Insulating frames and triple-pane glass can keep things like loud trucks, lawnmowers, and barking dogs outside instead of in your living room. Whether you’re trying to put down a baby for a nap, or just sneak one in yourself, new windows can be as helpful as a warm glass of milk.
How to know to replace or repair a window
There are a few signs it’s time to replace a window or have it repaired. One of the most sure-fire ways to know your window’s time has come is if you are hearing a lot of outside noise bleed into your home. This can be a sign that the window might not be sealed correctly or they were poorly made from the start. The same can be said if you feel a draft inside even when the window is closed, which could indicate poor installation or faulty seals.
If your window frames feel soft or are chipped, that’s another sign things aren’t great. Soft window frames indicate rot and possibly even water infiltration.
Condensation buildup between layers of glass is also something to keep an eye on. That means your seals have failed, and are allowing moisture between glass panes. Cracked window glass allows additional spots for air to leak in and out of your window.
Windows that are hard to open and close are also most likely in need of repair or replacing. That could mean the windows are rusting or rotting. And if a window doesn’t close or lock properly, that’s not just going to mess up the temperature of your home, it’s also a safety hazard.
No matter if you have an old window you think should be fixed up or completely repaired, our team of window experts will know exactly what needs to be done to keep your home safe and sound. And if you’re thinking of adding a new window to your home – such as a skylight, casement window, or bay window – we can help you with that, too. We know where those windows should be placed in your home, and how to safely and quickly install them.
Give us a call today at 360-425-4540 for a free estimate.